Funding for schools will be calculated by the number of primary-aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11) as at the annual schools census in Spring each year.
All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils will receive a lump sum plus a premium of £10 per pupil. Therefore, our school will receive the amount of £17700 to support our PE provision.
The premium is intended to be spent on the following:
(Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium, AfPE / YST, 2015)
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport