Blacklow Brow objectives
Equality Objectives 2021-2022
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and non-curricular opportunities, with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
- To enable pupils to understand, appreciate and respect difference in the world and its people, celebrating the things we share in common across cultural, religious, ethnic and socio-economic communities.
- To continually consider how well the school ensures equality of opportunities for all its pupils and staff
Equality Objectives Planning
- A PSHE curriculum will enable children to learn about themselves and the world around them, focusing on what makes them special and unique, the differences between individuals and why these should be celebrated, how to keep themselves safe and healthy and encourages them to consider their aspirations for the future. Our assemblies schedule will build on this by focussing on the British and school values we aim to support our children in developing. We will also hold specific assemblies focussed on celebrating the differences between individual members of our school community and anti-bullying. In addition to this our RE curriculum teaches children about the different religions and cultures within our community and the wider world in order to promote understanding and tolerance of different beliefs and cultures.
- As a school we celebrate differences in the world with our children and staff. We celebrate the differences within our staff and school population. We provide children the opportunities to visit places beyond their everyday lives and support them to challenge preconceived misconceptions.
- As a school our planning and assessment procedures enable teaching staff to identify different groups of learners, including vulnerable groups such as EAL, SEND, LAC etc. and ensure that these groups are accessing a broad and balanced curriculum, in addition to providing targeted support and/or intervention for individuals. Vulnerable groups are identified on our planning and provision maps are in place for SEND children and Personal Education Plans for Looked After Children. Access to additional extra-curricular activities and clubs are monitored to assess which children are accessing these provisions and ensure children from all groups have equal access.